Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bongo Java is weird 97% of the time

Sup. Kickin' it with the hipsters this evening at Belmont's favorite coffee shop. It makes me feel comfortably mainstream, and I love that.

It's relatively empty. A couple smokers dedicated to their addiction are studying/sitting/sulking outside despite the cold weather. Some chatty girls just came in and sat at the table to my right. There's a dude in one of the worn out chartreuse chairs holding a book that looks like it was printed in the 19th century. It's probably something "really obscure with deep and meaningful imagery and symbolism" that he's only reading to make himself look unique. He's not really reading it, though. He's more listening to the guys a table away from me discuss China, or a girl, or something. I can't really hear them. I feel like if they turned around and saw him staring they'd be really creeped out. I kind of am.

The amount of gross facial hair in or around the building right now is almost enough to make me want to leave. I don't understand how it's "ironic." I don't understand what that means, "ironic facial hair." Is it ironic because you look like a pedophile or a creep that hits on little girls at carnivals? "Wow chaz, you're stache is lookin good today. Uber child molester-y." Score.

I know hipster jokes are getting old, but I've got nothing right now. I just wanted to get out of my apartment and write something, anything. I've wasted 75% of the weekend sleeping, if not more. I pretty much would get up to go drink with my friends, come home, go back to sleep, and wake up to go somewhere else and drink. (The family is oh so proud to hear that, I'm sure) To be honest, I could go to sleep right now. And I only woke up a couple hours ago.

Side note: why do girls pick the most public of places to have intense personal conversations? Artsy McPedostache can't read his old decrepit book when all he hears is y'all whining about the boys who are tormenting your hearts. Also, why is it that boys are the only thing we're apparently capable of talking about? The two dudes aren't talking about girls, and neither are the other two dudes behind me. What is that? Is there nothing else in this world that we care about besides boys? Nothing else that we consider worth discussion? Religion? Politics? How shitfaced Karen got at the party on Friday? Really? It's pretty sad, ladies. Pretty damn sad.

Anyway. I go back to work this week. Woot(?). It's definitely a good thing because I could use the cash.

Christ Almighty, I'm even boring myself with this one. I'm just going to give up. Maybe something interesting will come to me soon. Ooo... and you know what, hipster girl at the table to my left is having a mental break down, and the tone of the coffee house just got really uncomfortable... wow... yeah, it's time for me to go.

**EDIT 3/30/2011 - I see the hipster-melt-down girl ALL THE TIME now. It's weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment