But that doesn't really bother me because I don't have any midterms.
I'm just ready to go home for spring break. I'm pretty sure all of my St. Louis friends aren't going to be there. So I probably won't be there for long. I don't really know what I'll do.
I want a margarita, or another one of those bahama mama things from Red Lobster.
I am so upset that I won't be spending this spring break on a beach. I could be laying on a towel in the sand, sipping a frozen fruity girly drink and not working on anything but my tan. There are no words that can truly express how upset I am that instead I'll be going to gray, cold St. Louis. St. Louis, where I can't sit on a beach drinking fruity drinks much less sit anywhere lest I be blown away by a tornado.
Oh, what I wouldn't give to be on a beach. Smelling the salty air. Spending nearly 45 minutes applying sunscreen only to forget an obscure spot, like behind my knees or on the bottoms of my feet. Cat calling hot shirtless guys who are probably in high school. Walking around at night with a flashlight looking for crabs. Building a wet-sand tower (pick up wet sand, plop it on dry sand, repeat until it's so tall it falls over. We call this a "Monkey Castle"), consequently filling my crotchal region with so much sand it hurts to walk. People watching while wearing sunglasses and pretending to read a magazine. Wondering why that fat old man's wife let him leave the hotel in that speedo. Eating fresh fish whenever the fuck I want. SERIOUSLY WHY AM I NOT THERE RIGHT NOW?????
There's a huge part of me that just wants to get on I-65 S and just go until I get to a coast.
Looks like 65 would take me straight to Pensacola. Now all I need is some money and a place to stay.
Womp womp.
oh PS nina made a blog. She's a brilliant writer and funny as hell, so you should check it out by clicking here.

You know I really don't like the sun or beach but those activities sound pretty appealing. Except pensacola touches the gulf and I think it may be too soon to return.
ReplyDelete