Friday, August 6, 2010

Is anything I have to say interesting?

Probably not. But hey, I'll write anyway.

I'm watching Firefly (Joss Whedon - also known for Buffy), ep.2 "The Train Job." So far, it's awesome. AWESOME. Like, I'm wondering why the hell they cancelled the show in the first place. I seriously don't know. It's got pretty much everything someone could ask for. It's a western set in space 500 years from now. 

As of right now my favorite character is Kaylee Frye. She's the ship's technician, and she's awesome. Really awkward. Makes me feel comfortable. I also like Inara Serra. On the show description on wikipedia, it says she's a "companion," which is G-rated internet speak for "whore."

Mal Reynolds, the captain, is played by the yummy Nathan Fillion. His character is a little moody for my taste, but then again I'm only on the second episode. Fillion was picked to play Hal Jordan in the 2011 Green Lantern movie (!!!!!!), but instead the role has been passed on to the even more delicious Ryan Reynolds. I'm pumped.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is Blake Lively playing Carol Ferris. I mean don't get me wrong, she is certainly a pretty girl. She looks the part (you know, minus the whole being blonde thing.) They should've picked someone else. I can't think of who. But Blake Lively is not a very good actress. Well okay, she's good at playing the nice gorgeous blonde with no personality. Carol Ferris is sassy; she's a leader. She's Hal Jordan's boss, which is another point entirely. Lively is 22? I think? She doesn't look old enough to be someone's boss. Maybe it's just because I'm used to her being the whiney 5th Avenue snob Serena on Gossip Girl. Serena is no Carol Ferris. 

It will be interesting to see how they make it modern. The Carol Ferris of 1959 was the same as every woman at that time: an accessory meant to look nice and every once in a while get mad over "silly things", all for the amusement of their male counterparts, or in this case I suppose they'd be their superiors... whatever. We'll see how she does. 

I'm going to Austin tomorrow! I'm very excited. I've never been to Texas. Suzanne (my aunt) is there getting her certification to be a yoga instructor, so I'm flying out and then driving back with her. 

okay: Firefly side note: River is weird. I know she's schizophrenic. I know. But she's weird! I'm not buying the actress' performance.  

I go back to Belmont in 16 DAYS!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I'm living in an on campus apartment with 3 other girls: Nina, Brittany, & Kristin. WHOA MAL JUST GOT A KNIFE THROWN AT HIM. HARD CORE FIGHT SCENE. OH WOW. 

Anyway. I can't wait to move in and make up my room and get cute apartment stuffs. 

Can't think of anything else to say right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment