Friday, February 22, 2013

Career


This is a puzzle that my Grandma has been working on since Christmas. She gets
frustrated because the pieces are sometimes too small for her to see, so it's taken her
an extra long time with this one. I think she secretly likes the challenge. 


It's a little comforting to know that some really successful people struggled to get where they are today. Tina Fey worked the morning shift at a YMCA in Chicago, and was part of an touring improv group that paid $75 a show before she got her "big break." Mindy Kaling worked as a dog sitter. Or a nanny or something. I guess it's all about timing. At the right time, you'll meet the right person, and perhaps that person will lead you to your "big break."

I don't know when that big break is going to come. I have about 3 months to figure it out. That's when my lease expires. I'm incredibly stressed. I put that on myself though. I could have been trying since May. I always thought I had time. Turns out I don't. The only thing getting me through is believing that everything is going to work out for the best. I just have to give it everything I've got, and I'll end up somewhere. Hopefully that place is not in my parents guest room, or on the street, but hopefully a place of my own. A step forward.

Right now I feel like I'm looking at a table covered in a thousand puzzle pieces that haven't been put together yet. I can't see the end picture. All I have at the present time is one goal - to get to the end picture. Am I ever going to see that end picture clearly? Is life a series of puzzles, or is it one giant puzzle that we piece together as we go? I have no idea.

I do know that if I want anything to happen, I have to move. That's about all I can do right now. Just start putting pieces together and see where that gets me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment